Thursday, October 6, 2016

International students headed into Spain for university training and study are oftentimes interested in working while they are there. Of course working while attending college is something  that can be done in Spain, though there are a few things to keep in mind beforehand, as well as a bit of information that you should know.

First of all, international students have a much more difficult time finding employment than individuals who are already living in the country. Employers would much rather allow a Spaniard to work for them than someone else, and since most residents are highly qualified and trained individuals, finding someone to fill the position isn’t a difficult task. Most college students in Spain work in industries that do not require a great deal of experience or expertise.

If you are a student coming to Spain for college from the European Union it is quite simple to attain all of the things that you need to work in Spain. You need to be registered at the Social Security Office, as well as to have a DNI Extanjero, both of which require nothing more than your passport to obtain. Once this is in place you have the same chances of getting a job as someone who is from Spain.

If you are coming from another country you will need to obtain a work permit from the Spanish Consulate in the country in which you reside. You will also need, should you plan to stay a period longer than 90 days (which most students will,)  a residence Visa.  It can be difficult to get these things.

It is possible to get an internship to work in Spain as a university student as well. If this is something that you are interested in you should contact the Association of International Students for Economics and Commerce.