Wednesday, September 21, 2016

If you are interested in studying in the United States, research the school or program that interests you the most. The Department of State’s EducationUSA helps prospective students learn about the types of education available in the United States, including community colleges, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees and more.

Once you determine the level of education and degree you would like to earn, you can apply to schools. Only schools certified by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS’s) Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) can accept international students. You can use the Study in the States school search page to make sure the school you are interested in is SEVP-certified. You can also view the SEVP 101 tutorial to learn more about the various U.S. government roles in the international education process.